Wow. 2009 is just about over and as I think about all that went down in my life I'm blown away. Here's just a quick recap of some of the highlights:
- My wife and I bought our first house...and payed our first mortgage payment.
- I helped start a business with 2 other local creatives (David Cosand and Jeff Watson) named Re:sound Creative Media. I've been wanting to be an owner and decision-maker in a start-up creative company for some time and this has been an amazing experience so far. I'm really looking forward to what 2010 has in store for Re:sound.
- I helped my band (Sunday Morning Drive) release our first album.
- I've been able to help my dad's business of 14+ years, Spectrum Building Maintenance Company, develop their first brand identity, including their first logo and website. (The website's still in progress but the final version is due to launch here soon in January.)
- I was able to attend and even participate in the first ever Phoenix Design Week. I was thoroughly privileged to be able to help out with some of the pre-event promotions including being able to compete in the first-ever Phoenix Layers competition.
- I was asked by my good friend Russ to join his blog, Humanitas Remedium, as a writing partner along with several other bloggers from Grace Bible Church. I'm also making plans to help re-brand the blog and design a brand-new theme in early 2010. We've already seen some great things happening with the blog since we added new writers and I'm eager to see how things progress in the next year.
- I started a photo project called End of Days where I take photographs of the western skyline from my work each day as I leave and post them to the site as a sort of photographic journal.
2010 is shaping up to be just as exciting and eventful and I'm looking forward to seeing many of the things I started this year continue and grow. Bring it on.